Friday, October 15, 2010

Music Connection (week 5)

  
  Scout's father Atticus is a very loving guy, and could possibly be the definition of love. In the song You Are the Only Exception by Paramore, a girl's world revolves around hate, and then she finally finds love in someone. This is like Scout being in a world that is full of hate, and she finds love in her father, Atticus. During the time period when Scout is growing up, many people do not like people out side of their race. This causes a lot of violence that people do not need, especially little children like Scout. There are many lines in the song that I could relate to the book. One quote is "the only exception is you" relates to Scout and seeing that there is love in her father where she thought there was no love in the world. Then there is another quote, "and I'm my way to believing". This describes the way Atticus teaches his children. He is teaching them that there is love in the world, even though many people do not know what love is. He is teaching them to love others and themselves for who they are. When Atticus made Jem read to Mrs. Doubse for and extra week, he was trying to teach him to love even though someone did not know how to love.

3 comments:

  1. Great song and great connection! You wrote so much! I'm so proud of my little girl :) hahah, You have great connections with the song, i never knew you could find one for this! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good job on the post. Good song I've never heard it but I like Paramore so I'll check it out but I like the way you put your opinion into the post. Also I like the quote because it speaks the truth because with yourself there's no way for you to believe in anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked a really good song to connect to the book. I love how you connected Scout to the girl in the song and how Atticus is the one exception to her life compared to everyone else. Atticus teaching the kids a lesson is also a really good connection.

    ReplyDelete