Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My thoughts on English class. (Week 6)

     The first marking period was not what I was expecting. Coming into my Junior year, I thought it was going to be really hard. I thought it was going to be harder then any other year of school. I thought that I would need to work ten times harder then I already was. I knew English class wold be one of my harder subjects, because I am not a strong reader or writer. I have gotten by the past couple years by reading parts of the book, spark notes, and help from my friends. When I first stepped into this class, I knew that was not going to get me by this year. I had a goal that I would actually read the book, and take my time writing the papers, but that goal was broken with in the first two weeks. I tried to read the book, but I could not focus on the book, so I would do something else. Then I would rush to read the book and then I would not understand any of it. I would write my rough draft and final drafts a day or two before they were due, and i realized that will not get me the A that i want. I know if I want to pass this class with an A I need to start putting some more effort into my work. I know I can do better then what I am doing now, and I am going to work harder then I am now. My goal for the second marking period is to actually read the book, and fully understand it, and if I do not understand it then I will ask for help. My goal for my papers is to take more time writing them and not do them one or two days before they are due. Hopefully this will help me reach my over all goal for the class, to get an A.

3 comments:

  1. English is one of my hardest subjects as well. I hate being forced to read books and I always put them off to the last minutes and rush to get them done, just like you said you do. I like your writing style and all of the details you put in, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made some great example. i agree with you, it wasnt what i expected either but it wasnt that bad. Plus, i had the same problem with the book, i didnt understand anything i was reading because i read so fast! Good Job though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, I agree with alot of the things you had in you blog.I also dont like reading and could not get into the book.

    ReplyDelete